Saturday, July 13, 2013

The moving of apartments and traditional endeavours

While I’m fully aware that I haven’t updated this blog (I was just reminded by Grim who was in the process of updating hers!), I have been insanely busy these past few weeks!

First things first, I HAVE FINALLY MOVED! Hectic decisions and phone calls and bills have finally been settled! It was a hard choice, but it has been made and I feel that things are better off now! Also, I’ll be able to get back into making comics! But more on that later, CHECK OUT MY NEW WORKSPACE!

Terrible picture, but it was 1 in the morning I think?

While not impressive, I managed to snag a corner of the bedroom and set it up like a miniature office! My novels and textbooks have been moved to the Spartan-like Bookcase in the living room! I also managed through my books pretty quickly, since I AM a Librarian. References books, box folders, sketchbook and binders and notebooks etc. are all finally in ONE PLACE!

I haven’t been able to draw digitally in the past 2 weeks, so I’ve been doing a lot of traditional stuff. Luckily, I’m not as terrible as I remember! I shall be posting more sketches tonight, but here are the ones I put up on twitter!

The very first original characters my sisters and I made. The grinning one was mine :)

Old Original character! This time I drew her actually looking her age!

The favourite of my recent sketches! Did I mention that my very first character was a magical girl with 2-tone hair?
This one was done 2 days ago I think. Did it to reacquaint myself with my baby tablet after setting up my space. Figured I may as well add it here! 

Naturally, I tried using the nibs more! This was mostly a mixture of nibs and micron pens though.
Still working on working the nibs better, but I like how this one turned out!

I've gotten some more copics (my are old as balls. PFFFFT.) and more nibs so I am definitely planning on doing more traditional stuff! As for the digital art, I'm really keen on getting the Cintiq 13HD. The reason why I haven't gotten the '22 is the sheer size of it. Now there's 13 (that happens to the THE PERFECT SIZE) I'm set on it. Though I'll take some time before I can acutally move on that decision. 

IN COMIC NEWS!
Grim and I have submitted our comic for Ink'd Well Studios' Fearsome Fables II and while it was a blast to work on, I'm glad it's out of the way! With my tablet back, I'm hard at work on the second anthology we're participating in! More on that once I have word on more details and updates.

To be honest, I can't wait to be done with all the anthologies so I can focus more on :EPOCH Files and Howard & Edgar. Comic anthologies gave us some real experiences about deadlines and publishing though and I can't even begin to describe how awesome it is. Comic people are awesome.

Anyway! That's all for the art/comic update! I've got plenty more sketches, but I figured I should scan them instead of taking crappy pictures. I'm working on my environments and prop designs more so once I get a bigger bundle, I'll share 'em. 

Oh hey, I also like to bake. Not the fanciest thing but it's very therapeutic!

 



Note: I followed the recipe of some website, I can't remember. I will be trying THIS ONE next once time allows!

And that's all for the update! Stay awesome!

Much Love

.L

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! (that's all my brain could come up with right now) haha

    ReplyDelete